Sunday, August 01, 2004

The background on Mr. Perfect...
Okay, so here's the scoop on my fear of Mr. Perfect...
I've done some pretty stupid things and made really bad decisions on who I hung out with and some of the place I've gone. I'm not saying that I'm cured of all that I do wrong-- I know with my upcoming job and future goals, I will be more focused on what I really want, but I have gone some really crazy places and said and done some really crazy things.... I know I can't go back and fix it. Adam is so not into all the craziness- I've played a lot of games with guys in the past and hurt a lot of people. I've betrayed and lied about things before, and I cannot go back and undo those things. It is in my blood, it seems, to hurt and destroy guys who I suspect have given lines and stories to other girls and hurt them... why am I looking for such revenge? I have done some great things, too- but in this scenario, I am very different than Adam.
Why would someone so devoted to his God, family, and pure living want to be tainted with someone like me? I have been so afraid of Christian guys, and yet that's exactly the type I want to marry some day. I fear that they will leave me in the dust no matter how charming, witty and great I can be....
At any rate, I know that what I am looking for is all that Adam is... and for me to even be able to compete with the girls who adore him, I will need to completely shape up and stop the nonsense: delete all the silly phone numbers in my phone that have accumulated in the last year; I need to stop with the partying until 3:00am; I need to stop with my games with guys who I have no intention of being with. Is that possible? NOT on my own, I realize, but I had the opportunity to speak to someone of integrity and beauty today.. and that's plenty of inspiration for me... I pray that I can be a better person and clear the emotional fog that has been plagueing my mind for sometime now.... and put my focus on being who I was made to be- not who I have become.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home