Friday, September 03, 2004

This week

This week has been great in general. Yesterday, two and a half hours were blocked off computer in the Estheticians column, so Amy (my manager) told me last week that I could join them for training- and that it was new training for the Jane Iredale products. So, we watched a video on the products and the skin types that each of the products could be used on. This product will make it VERY far in the industry- it's has a powder that has an spf 30 and that lasts all day until you take it off with cleaner... it's all minerals and is inert - which means that it is not able to harbour bacteria. Very cool. So after the video, Tracy Johnson (the owner) asked us all to pair up with someone (all the Estheticians plus me) to try out the product by creating a full look .. and she asked me personally not to be model but to actually apply to one of the Estheticians. I did a natural look on Linda C... it was the most incredible makeup application: in that the minerals actually glide over the skin- so smooth and easy to combine with other colors and blends in with skin tone by mixing with the skin's actual oil to make it look completely natural... SO AWESOME!! So Tracy and the spa manager looked at my work- everyone felt is was a great application, but Tracy did an application on one of the nail techs just to try it herself at the same time that we were playing, and it was more of a glamour look- I only choose to do the natural look as it brings out features and does not look like a vegas show-girl look. At any rate, I LOVEd the experience- we are just now learning about makeup in school! We took the test on Tuesday! It actually helped to have the experience yesterday because I was able to immediately apply my knowledge of makeup- and change my version of makeup- the color part was very helpful, but I know that I will have to/want to eyeball it myself on an actual client- base is very tricky to match as there are warmer blue skin types and pinkish green tones which defy anything in the Esthetic book- it is a chapter that is written basically as fact based on the norm.
I gave Erin a facial today-- it was her first one ever! She was surprised as to what when into a facial and the number of steps to create a facial. I must admit, I really don't like the massage that we are learning in school- but I do realize that this massage is for us to work from and create our own- a base to show us the 'blocks' that we need to follow to create length (time-wise) in the facial. I was really nice to treat someone who never had a facial before. It was a little bit more informal than I would've liked it- but I love her dearly so we chatted instead of continuing the relaxation vibe that we are taught to create... but I know that I am just practicing and need to just get all the steps down perfectly before I have real clients that I can spoil with the relaxation atmosphere. :)
Heath called last night... drunk.. at 2 am.. where the heck did he come from? I deleted his number from my phone, but when it went off last night, I picked it up thinking it was someone who needed to reach me... he wants to hang out on Sunday night... where did he go for the whole summer? I haven't talked to him since April I don't think! He sold me a car back in NOvember of 2002 and tried to sell me another car last year November.... he's beautiful, but has a child and an ex girlfriend that stresses him out. I didn't go out last night ( I thank God for the strength He gave me to just say no and drive myself home to bed.. (THANK YOU!!!) but talking to him is not a great idea as it could lead to going out... I don't want to backslide--- note to self: BE CAREFUL and keep on keeping on-- I have more responsibilities now, and to mess up will result in disaster: a loss of what has been given to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home